Sunday, March 13, 2011

Oh, baby!

For most animals, spring is the time of birth and I certainly have found that to be true with my friends. In February I went to baby showers for my friends Georgina and Dama to celebrate their soon-to-be-born baby boys!

 
George
3 other pregnant ladies at the shower!

Dama
So much blue!
Both showers were so much fun! The only shower I had ever been to before was one that I actually hosted. So I definitely got caught up with these back to back ones.

Georgina's baby decided to come a little early - so less then a week after the shower we got to meet baby Luke!

so handsome!

I wanted to make something for Georgina that was baby related, but not "too" babyish. I decided she could use a new picture frame to display one of the many new pictures of her little one! I went to Michaels and picked up a frame, some small wooden circles, and fun little white sticker letters. Between my coupon, and teacher discount, I spent about $6! I already had appropriately colored paint and wood glue at home.


I used green, blue, and yellow paints and had to do about 3 coats of each. The paint dried really quickly, which was nice, so by the time I finished painting the 4th circle I could go back and paint the first one with another coat. I let them dry overnight to be on the safe side, attached the sticker letters and then attached the circles, with wood glue, to the frame.


I think it turned out really nicely and Georgina really liked it. When I brought it over she actually had a frameless picture sitting on her desk! It was such a simple project and a cheap way to create a customized decoration that is also functional.

No comments: