Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Martha

For Christmas my incredible roommate, Katherine, got me an amazing gift:
It's Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts and it's AMAZING! Just flipping through it is inspiring. I love Martha. And she (of course with the help of tons of staff) has really put together such an amazing set of crafts and easy to follow how-tos. There are so many different things I want to do out of here and out of fear of putting them off I'm setting up another goal list for myself. Twelve Martha crafts in twelve months. Doing 12 crafts a year doesn't seem like that hard of a goal, but I think it'll just help me make crafting a priority.

Here's the crafts I want to tackle so far - they may change though:
1. Block Printing
2. Botanical Pressing - Cards, Coasters, Fabrics
3. Candle Making
4. Clay Buttons
5. Glass Etching
6. Fabric Flowers
7. Nature Crafts!
8. Paper Cutting/Punching
9. Bottle Cap Magnets
10. Silk Screen
11. Tin Punching
12. Sun Prints

Also the examples in the book are usually different (and better) than the one's I found online. I can't wait to get started!

No comments: